The rollout of AAX Native 64-bit plug-in support has begun. Aspect, the semi-modular synth; String, the lush Solina emulator; and Sequent, a step-sequenced beat mangler and multi-effect, are all now available as AAX Native 64-bit plug-ins.
All upgrades are free for registered users. Download the updates at loomer.co.uk
AAX Native 64-bit support for the remaining product line will follow shortly.
Monday, 17 November 2014
Monday, 15 July 2013
Saturday, 18 May 2013
Thursday, 24 January 2013
Sequent 1.3.5 for Mac OS X is now available. This minor release fixes two issues:
- (fix: Mac OS X RTAS) Fixed installer bug which could cause the Sequent RTAS component to be installed in the incorrect folder.
- (fix: Mac OS X Audio Unit) Space key-presses will now always be passed through to Ableton Live, ensuring that Live's transport can be started and stopped, even when Sequent's GUI is selected.
Wednesday, 19 December 2012
Sequent 1.3.3 for Mac OS X, Windows, and Linux is now available. This version add the following fixes and features:
- (feature) Keyboard entry of rotary parameter values. Rotary controls can now be typed directly into by clicking on the text value below the control.
- (improvement:Mac OS X) Installer and all installed components are now signed in compliance with Mac OS X 10.8's Gatekeeper system.
- (improvement:Linux) When using the JACK audio system in standalone mode, the JACK Transport now syncs Sequent's tempo, start/stop status, and playhead location.
- (improvement) Step response on the filter, distortion, pan, and delay module parameters has been significantly reduced to allow for tighter control of sequenced automation.
- (improvement) Changing sequencer patterns via MIDI keyboard can no longer cause audio glitches when using a realtime audio driver.
- (fix) The Master sequencer will now correctly follow a host's PPQ position, and restart in response to a host's transport restarting.
- (fix:RTAS) Fix for the right-channel muting when bypassing in Pro Tools when used on a mono to stereo track.
- (improvement) Significantly improved UI response speed; reduced CPU usage when parameters are automated whilst the UI is open.
- (improvement:Windows) Removed C++ runtime libraries redistributable requirement for RTAS plug-ins. The installer no longer installs the C++ runtime library redistributable components when installing the RTAS plug-ins.
- (improvement) Routing and sequencing windows are now lighter and clearer.
- (improvement) Factory presets now use a compressed pattern format, which are significantly smaller, and so improves preset loading and search times.
Sunday, 28 October 2012
To popular request, the roll-out of JACK Transport supporting Loomer plug-ins has begun. The initial release, a beta of Sequent, adds the following changes :
Older presets, those created with Sequent 1.3.1 and earlier, will always open with "1.3.1 Compatible Smoothing" enabled, so this change will be completely transparent to saved projects. New presets will always be created with this compatibility mode disabled. You can view, as well as change, the compatibility options under the "Options" menu.
The easiest way to hear this change is to sequence a simple filter pattern, crank the resonance up high to hear those 0df filters squeal, and a|b the sound with the old and new smoothing algorithms.
With the old, you will heard a mild slew as the old filter's cutoff step response slowly charges between values. With the new, the step is instant, which allows for precise control of sequenced values on a step.
(fix) The Master sequencer will now correctly follow a host's PPQ position, and restart in response to a host's transport restarting.
(improvement) Factory presets now use a compressed pattern format, which are significantly smaller, and so improves preset loading and search times.
Provided no nasty bugs manifest in these versions, I'll release corresponding Mac OS X and Windows betas next week, and a full official release sometime after. JACK Transport supporting versions of the other Loomer products will follow in due time. Enjoy!
Wednesday, 3 October 2012
Manifold and Resound 1.6.3 for Windows are now available.
- (fix) Fixed crash which could occur rarely (although repeatedly) on certain systems when starting up the 32-bit standalone application, or when particular hosts first scan the 32-bit VST plug-in.
- (improvement) Removed C++ runtime libraries redistributable requirement for RTAS plug-ins. The installers also no longer install the C++ runtime library redistributable components when installing the RTAS plug-ins.
- (improvement) Clearer font rendering on preset browser.
- (fix) Various minor host compatibility tweaks.
Download the updates here. Note these issues did not affect the Linux or Mac OS X builds of these products: this update is for the Windows versions only.